Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:41950] [ruby-trunk - Feature #5856][Open] Feature: Raise any object"
    on Sat, 7 Jan 2012 06:51:53 +0900, Kurt Stephens <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|= Problem

|* The Exception subclass hierarchy is well-established.
|* CRuby does not allow any object that behaves as an Exception to be raised, it must be a subclass of Exception.
|* 3rd-party code often rescues Exception; e.g. for error recovery, retry and/or logging.
|* Users need the ability to raise objects that would not normally be rescued by *any* code;
|  e.g.: hard timeouts or custom signal handlers in an application.

Are you saying that we should be able to raise exception that can not
(normally) be caught?  I don't think it's good practice.  For such
purpose, use catch/throw.  Or is there any other (preferably concrete)
use-case?

							matz.