> I created Bitmap Marking GC for Ruby2.0.
>
> Source code: https://github.com/authorNari/ruby/tree/bitmap_marking
> Patch: https://github.com/authorNari/patch_bag/blob/master/ruby/gc_bitmap_using_alignment_r33786.patch

I've tried benchmark against trunk@34217 on Windows XP with mingw32
gcc version 4.5.2 (tdm-1).
I used __mingw_aligned_malloc() cause of build error with
_aligned_[malloc|free].
I also found _aligned_malloc() is usable if #define __MSVCRT_VERSION__ 0x0700.

Result of make benchmark OPTS="-r 5".
https://gist.github.com/1569277

I skipped vm_thread_mutex2 and vm_thread_pass_flood cause of errors.
Some benchmarks are not a little slower on my box. Some benchmarks are
faster. Win7 might have different results.

Here is _aligned_[malloc|free] timing result.
https://gist.github.com/1569002

It's based on Jon Forums's work.
https://github.com/jonforums/tma

_aligned_[malloc|free] looks slower than plain malloc/free.

What do you think of windows implementation?

Thanks,
--
Hiroshi Shirosaki