Issue #2340 has been updated by Alexey Muranov.

Zeno Davatz wrote:
> Please take good care when you introduce a new default YAML engine to Ruby 1.9.3 so people who have been using syck for 10 years will not be waked by an avalanche of changes. Currently using Psych as a drop-in replacement for syck will _not_work_. For highly dynamic objects spaces with a lot of recursive objects you will get following error:
>
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9.1/psych/tree_builder.rb:75: stack level too deep (SystemStackError)
>
> We tested this here:
>
> http://dev.ywesee.com/wiki.php/Choddb/Ruby193p0YamlExport
>
> Please try to avoid a second Oniguruma disaster and start thinking hard about how to implement consistency across 100 years of Ruby development.

I had some errors when upgrading to Rails 3.1, but it turned out there were some errors in my YAML file.

Alexey.

Feature #2340: Removing YAML/Syck
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/2340

Author: Yui NARUSE
Assignee: Aaron Patterson
Category: ext
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 YAML and Syck is a _why's product and widely used bundled library of Ruby.
 But they are not maintained for 2 years and no more by _why.
 And they support only YAML 1.0, not 1.1 and 1.2.
 So YAML/Syck considered harmful.
=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org