Hello,

As proposed by [ruby-core:38940], I want to move certain functions
from general file.c into platform specific files.

The idea is make more easy to implement complete function for the
platform without #fidef/#endif blocks that affect code readability.

When I wanted to implement win32/file.c, noticed that Ruby does not
build object files in subdirectories, so file.o will clash with file.o
from the root.

So, need to make win32/win32_file.c

Will that be acceptable?

I noticed that threading implementations are named thread_pthread.c
and thread_win32.c

What would be the name of POSIX/UNIX implementation for file.c? file_unix.c=
?

Questions:

1) Should files be named original_<platform>.c ?
E.g.: file_win32.c, file_unix.c, dir_win32.c

2) Should win32 files be placed in win32? What about thread_win32.c
which doesn't follow the rule?

3) Should I move exiting POSIX version function to these _unix files?

4) Should a new section in configure.in to deal with these new
AC_LIBOBJ additions be added?

There is one already at line 2574.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-