https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5781

Author: Thomas Sawyer
Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Category:
Target version: 2.0.0

Pretty sure this has come up before, but I'd like to revisit b/c I don't understand why it isn't allowed.

Sometimes I define "query" attributes, and in those cases I'd like the reader method to end in a `?` mark. Currently I have to do:

    # @attribute
    def foo?
      @foo
    end

or, if I don't mind a shadowing bare method,

    attr :foo
    alias_method :foo?, :foo

So why not just allow:

    attr :foo?

Currently this causes an error. But why? It just seems like a waste of potentially cleaner code.

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org