Issue #5767 has been updated by Yura Sokolov.

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Is it only me, or is treating $LOAD_PATH like an array hurting
> possible optimizations? I mean, how sane is it to allow
> $LOAD_PATH.map!{ ??? }?

I think, you right. $LOAD_PATH and $LOADED_FEATURES should be restricted.
But currently they not.
When I trying to improve $LOADED_FEATURES at #5427, I remove dangerous methods.

In this patch, it just invalidates cache when complex self modifying method is called,
and keeps cache valid in case of simple methods, like `push`, `pop`, `<<`
Feature #5767: Cache expanded_load_path to reduce startup time
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5767