Hello,

The following two projects have been selected from 16 proposals by
thegrant committee.
Ruby reference manual for you, me and everyoneApplicant: Yutaka Hara
Ruby has API documentation only in English and Japanese, and
theirworks are going separately. This project aims to provide a system
forRuby's API documentation with a model "one central
documentation(English) and its translations to other languages" to
make it easierto start translating to a new language.
kryptApplicant: Martin Bo=DFlet
The goal of the krypt project is to provide a platform-
andlibrary-independent cryptography API for Ruby. Not only C-based
Rubyimplementations should be able to benefit from it, but there will
alsobe an implementation for JRuby.
The focus is on providing most of the features in Ruby,
whileadditionally offering the possibility to integrate OS-
orlanguage-specific native libraries to implement
cryptographicprimitives. The milestones of the grant period cover two
of the majorbuilding blocks of krypt: a streaming ASN.1 parser and a
Ruby DSL forparsing and encoding arbitrary ASN.1 objects - the basic
buildingblocks of most cryptographic protocols. There will be 2
separateimplementations for Java- and C-based Rubies to guarantee
maximumperformance, offering a Ruby interface that will be used
throughoutthe library to implement higher-level functionality.
Documentationincludes RDoc, general interface documentation in the
project wiki, aswell as a technical specification in the form of RSpec
specs.
Thanks for the applications.

--=20
Shugo Maeda