Issue #5656 has been updated by Eric Hodel.

=begin
I restored the Xs example in #step since it seemed more illustrative.

I restored the === comment to the === documentation since it isn't something special to Range, all objects can behave that way.

Your second patch cannot be applied because it changes the behavior of Range:

  class X < Range

    def include? other
      false

  r = Range.new 5, 10
  x = X.new 5, 10

  p r === 6
  p x === 6

=end

Bug #5656: Improve documentation for Range
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5656