Issue #5659 has been updated by Vinicius Gati.


[viniciusgati] ~/Code/ruby/testes
$ cd test_rb_bug/

[viniciusgati] ~/Code/ruby/testes/test_rb_bug (master)
$ rvm use 1.9.2
Using /Users/viniciusgati/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290

[viniciusgati] ~/Code/ruby/testes/test_rb_bug (master)
$ rvm list

rvm rubies

=> ruby-1.9.2-p290 [ i386 ]
   ruby-1.9.3-head [ x86_64 ]
   ruby-1.9.3-p0 [ x86_64 ]


[viniciusgati] ~/Code/ruby/testes/test_rb_bug (master)
$ rake release
Could not find activesupport-3.1.3 in any of the sources
Run `bundle install` to install missing gems.

[viniciusgati] ~/Code/ruby/testes/test_rb_bug (master)
$ bundle
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
Using rake (0.9.2.2) 
Using multi_json (1.0.3) 
Installing activesupport (3.1.3) 
Using builder (3.0.0) 
Using i18n (0.6.0) 
Installing activemodel (3.1.3) 
Using erubis (2.7.0) 
Using rack (1.3.5) 
Using rack-cache (1.1) 
Using rack-mount (0.8.3) 
Using rack-test (0.6.1) 
Using hike (1.2.1) 
Using tilt (1.3.3) 
Using sprockets (2.0.3) 
Installing actionpack (3.1.3) 
Using mime-types (1.17.2) 
Using polyglot (0.3.3) 
Using treetop (1.4.10) 
Using mail (2.3.0) 
Installing actionmailer (3.1.3) 
Using arel (2.2.1) 
Using tzinfo (0.3.31) 
Installing activerecord (3.1.3) 
Installing activeresource (3.1.3) 
Using bundler (1.0.21) 
Using rack-ssl (1.3.2) 
Using json (1.6.1) 
Using rdoc (3.11) 
Using thor (0.14.6) 
Installing railties (3.1.3) 
Using jquery-rails (1.0.18) 
Installing rails (3.1.3) 
Using sqlite3 (1.3.4) 
Using test_rb_bug (0.0.1) from source at . 
Your bundle is complete! Use `bundle show [gemname]` to see where a bundled gem is installed.

[viniciusgati] ~/Code/ruby/testes/test_rb_bug (master)
$ rake release
test_rb_bug 0.0.1 built to pkg/test_rb_bug-0.0.1.gem
Tagged v0.0.1
Pushed git commits and tags
Pushed test_rb_bug 0.0.1 to rubygems.org

----------------------------------------
Bug #5659: bug releasing a gem created with rails 3.1
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5659

Author: Vinicius Gati
Status: Feedback
Priority: Normal
Assignee: 
Category: 
Target version: 
ruby -v: 1.9.3-head


I made a rails engine using rails 3.1

the steps i follow was :

i created the engine with rails new plugin test_rb_bug

then i updated the gemspec

then i created a git repo and pushed: https://github.com/viniciusgati/test_rb_bug

after that i do a rake release and got the error: https://gist.github.com/1383444 obs: this gist contains the machos crash report to

the gist is the error for the first gem when i found the error.

and i reproduced the same now with a fresh engine...

system: MacOS lion
rails: 3.1.3
ruby: 1.9.3-head
rvm: 1.8.6
rubygems 1.8.10






-- 
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org