Em 30-11-2011 05:41, Ondej Blka escreveu:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 08:32:01PM +0900, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
>> ... What Jos Valim suggested (well, he actually wondered, since he doesn't believe this could be changed in Ruby due to the large existent code base) was the removal of the block concept. From what I've understood, the block syntax would actually create a proc (or a lambda) that would be passed as a parameter. And I also find this less confusing, with the similar callable approach taken by C, JavaScript, Python and most languages out there I guess.
> It already is. For example
> def foo(&p)
> p.call
> end

This is not what I'm talking about. The other callable languages
wouldn't have special treatments for blocks like block_given? or yield,
for instance.

I'm talking about "method(some_param){some_block 'here'}" being exactly
equal to "method some_param, lambda {some_block 'here'}" (or using a
proc instead of a lambda, I'm not sure about which one would be a better
fit).