Issue #5659 has been updated by Luis Lavena.

Vinicius Gati wrote:
> I updated the gist with the 1.9.3-p0 log error
>
> $ openssl version
> OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011

:connect errors can be caused by OpenSSL.

Having that version of OpenSSL in your system, are you sure is the same Ruby is built against?

Please do:

$ ruby -v -ropenssl -e "puts OpenSSL::OPENSSL_VERSION"

Just to be sure.

I don't see in the output you provided "Pushing gem..." legend. Are you sure the gem is being pushed to rubygems.org and no RUBYGEMS_HOST environment variable is being set?

Bug #5659: bug releasing a gem created with rails 3.1
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5659