P> I don't see how to make this happen in C.  It is not possible (portably)
P> to bind arguments to function pointers.

 Each time that you define an interface to a higher language, like ruby,
 via function pointer you must give the possibility to pass extra argument.

 This is how you do this, which will make a "good" or a "bad" interface,
 and this is what the author of 'dl' has forgotten to do, i.e. he has
 created his own problem :-)) and the use of DLFuncTable is not a good way
 to solve his problem.

Guy Decoux