Issue #5666 has been updated by Motohiro KOSAKI.

If we expose rb_path2class(char*), we maybe need to expose rb_path_to_class(VALUE) too. because rb_path2class() is convenient and M17N unaware function, and rb_path_to_class() has full power.

Plus, I don't think your proposed doc is very clear.

> To look up a constant by a C string, use the function below:

1. Why constant, not class?
2. Which string should be passed?

btw, I also don't think path2class() is good name because `path' has unclear meaning and many people imagine it's directory path. but we can't change it anymore....

Feature #5666: Make rb_path2class public
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5666