2011/11/24 Ricardo Amorim <mksm / iddqd.su>:

> Issue #2567 has been updated by Ricardo Amorim.
>

> Yui NARUSE wrote:
>> It shouldn't effect because URI doesn't include non ASCII character.
>> If you are talking about an existing implementation which sends Location=
 header with non ASCII characters,
>> such talk should be on real research.
>
> I've seen a few ASP applications that do that. They redirect to a generic=
 error page with an error message as an argument. e.g. below:
> Location: error_page.asp?msg=3D"P=E1gina com erro".

Is such a string always ISO-8859-1 other than non US/West Europe?

> Well doing some research I've found:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-17#section-3.2=
.1

> "Historically, HTTP has allowed field content with text in the ISO-
> =A08859-1 [ISO-8859-1] character encoding and supported other character
> =A0sets only through use of [RFC2047] encoding. =A0In practice, most HTTP
> =A0header field values use only a subset of the US-ASCII character
> =A0encoding [USASCII]. =A0Newly defined header fields SHOULD limit their
> =A0field values to US-ASCII octets. =A0Recipients SHOULD treat other (obs=
-
> =A0text) octets in field content as opaque data."
>
> It's not entirely clear if non US-ASCII chars are allowed in field conten=
ts.

The sentence seems to talk about fields which allow non ASCII but usually
use only ASCII. So Location is also on this context.
And the encoding for "opaque data" should be ASCII-8BIT.

--=20
NARUSE, Yui =A0<naruse / airemix.jp>