Issue #2567 has been updated by Ricardo Amorim.

Benoit Daloze wrote:
> I think Net::HTTP should not transcode (#encode) the response, just set the right encoding if the information is available.

I agree with the above and with Alex. Net::HTTP should only set the encoding (#force_encoding) by checking Content-type or the HTML5 heuristics (that Naruse seemed to have implemented). If the response body becomes garbled then the user should clearly see it and decide on what to do.

Feature #2567: Net::HTTP does not handle encoding correctly
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/2567