On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 03:05:48AM +0900, ts wrote:

> P> I don't think this is really feasible.  The problem is that there is no
> P> portable way to create new C functions on the fly.
>
>  Why do you want to create new C functions on the fly. It use an hash, just
>  to retrieve (type, proc)

The original problem Jamis pointed out is that the number of callbacks
is limited when dl is compiled (they are statically defined in
callback.func).  There is a compile-time limited number of return types
and a compile-time limited number of callbacks per return type.

If it were possible to dynamically generate C functions, there would be
no limitation, and the only way I know to get rid of the limitation is
to dynamically generate C functions.

Paul