Jamis,

It is tough for me to improve Ruby/DL to live up to your expectations right now.
I recommend you to use C to create the bindings if you want to handle all the
functions of SQLite3.

Jamis Buck wrote:
> Can anything be done to "fix" Ruby/DL to handle the above situations?
> I tried hacking the 64-bit integer support into it, but the code was
> not well documented and it appeared the changes would have to be made
> in multiple places. I frankly got lost trying to find my way around.

Now I'm developing Ruby/DL2 to replace Ruby/DL with it. It will support 'long long'
type and remove restictions on callback function. But I'm not sure when it will be
available.

Regards,
--
Takaaki Tateishi <ttate / ttsky.net>