Hello,

In [ruby-core:39504], Nobuyoshi Nakada mentioned:

"Since these come from the spec of Windows filesystem and
security requirements, so it's not acceptable to change the
behavior of File.expand_path, unfortunately."

Clearly states that File.expand_path does requires hit the file system
on Windows due security requirements.

I'm trying to find any single reference to this in the code or a test
that ensures there is no regression about this.

The last time the code around file_expand_path that deals with hitting
the file system (file.c, around lines 3151-3172) was changed in
r16420, but only to cover possible NTFS garbage.

I'm missing something? Any documentation or test that I overlook?

Thank you.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17