> The use case is any reason someone would send a signal to the process gro=
up but not want the parent process to abort. I'm quite sure there is existi=
ng code that depends on this behavior even by accident. The fact that it ch=
anged will affect some programs that have previously not ignored HUP, so pe=
ople will likely get puzzling process exits in cases such as I discovered h=
ere by accident, ie on process subprocessing worker processes.

Guys, I asked you practical and real world usecase.

> I really don't care what the behavior is as long as it is documented and =
tested. If you can point me to tests for this, I'll adapt them for RubySpec=
.

> I have no idea what you mean by "signal handler is per-process resource",=
 how would it not be a per-process resource? Or do you have a definition of=
 per-process where process is not an OS process? How does per-process and t=
hread-safety relate? Seems like we should have a glossary of terms as MRI d=
efines them to avoid some confusion here.

man sigaction.