Issue #5130 has been updated by Motohiro KOSAKI.

> So the underlying problem is that wait_yield is always set to 1 when thread 2 wakes up, which causes thread 2 to sleep again?  Is that a bug
> in ruby or OpenBSD?

Difficult question. OpenBSD has a posix compliance pthread implementation. Ruby has reasonable OS assumption. But.... the result was pretty nasty unfortunate thing. Aghh.
Anyway, I don't think OpenBSD need to fix anything.

Thank you.

Backport #5130: Thread.pass sticks on OpenBSD
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5130