On Nov 1, 2011, at 2:03 PM, V=EDt Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 1.11.2011 0:05, Eric Hodel napsal(a):
>> On Oct 31, 2011, at 2:41 PM, V=EDt Ondruch wrote:
>>> Actually you have missed that there are Linux distros, which are =
repackaging the gems. I am speaking of Fedora and RHEL. It would cause a =
lot of troubles.
>> What troubles?
>=20
> Because you had to rebuild packaged gems after even the tiniest update =
of Ruby.

I do not recall rebuilding my gems after updating between Ruby patch =
levels or even between versions in the 1.9 series, that is why the =
library version is 1.9.1.

Have I forgotten needing to rebuild?  Can you show me a ticket where API =
broke?

> There is currently more then 200 gems in Fedora, so that is a lot of =
work to rebuild them. Even the smallest Rails stack counts almost 50 =
gems.

This process should be automateable by Fedora and other Linux =
distributions.

I don't think Ruby should restrict itself because repackagers have a =
manual process.

If there is something Ruby can do to help Fedora, etc. automate =
packaging I think Ruby should do it.=