On Tue Nov 01 2011 @ 11:11, Dave Thomas wrote:
> I have more information. I removed rvm totally from this machine and
> reinstalled both 1.9.2 and 1.9.3. Both versions now show this problem
> (previously 1.9.2 worked). These are the first interpreters I have
> installed since upgrading this machine to Lion.
>
> So I tried it on my laptop, also running Lion. Both 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 work
> there.
>
> This appears to be a local configuration issue on my machine.
>
> Sorry for the false alarm.

This may or may not be relevant, but the newest versions of Xcode (4.2
and/or 4.2.1) don't seem to install gcc-4.2 at all (only the llvm-gcc). It
may be that you're seeing problems due to the compiler being different on
the two machines?

See this issue for related discussion:
https://github.com/sstephenson/ruby-build/issues/62

--
[D]igital information lasts forever--or five years, whichever comes first.
    "Ensuring the Longevity of Digital Information", Jeff Rothenberg