Issue #5481 has been updated by Vit Ondruch.

Hiroshi Nakamura wrote:
>  * Uninstalling 'default gems' should be blocked to avoid confusion. RubyGems bundled with 1.9.3 allows users to uninstall 'default gems' now.
>      % gem uninstall webrick -v 2.0.0.0 #=> should raise an error.

While I like your proposal, I really don't see point, why it should be disabled to uninstall the "default" gem. There might be "gem install default" command which restores the original gem version for example, but disabling uninstallation really doesn't make sense to me.
Feature #5481: Gemifying Ruby standard library
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5481