Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:40474] [ruby-trunk - Feature #5494][Open] Proposal: Improved Finalizer Semantics"
    on Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:20:38 +0900, Kurt Stephens <ks.ruby / kurtstephens.com> writes:

|This is a simpler protocol:
|
|* It removes the need for _id2ref in the finalizer procs.
|* Prevents other complications: such as GC being reinvoked within a finalizer.
|* Finalizers are invoked with the same "urgency" as before.

* _id2ref does not work in finalizers, since their corresponding
  objects are already freed.
* finalizers are called after GC.

Your proposal might be based on false assumption.  If I were going to
make an incompatible change to the finalizer in the future, I'd remove
it altogether.

							matz.