> > When submitting patches to core, is it currently acceptable to submit MiniTest::Spec based tests or must all new tests be MiniTest::Unit::TestCase based?
> >
> > If I've missed the previous discussion and closure on this topic, a link is appreciated.
>
> Although this doesn't cover your question about MiniTest::Spec, but
> maybe still useful:
>
> We had a discussion about Test::Unit::TestCase vs.
> MiniTest::Unit::TestCase [http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4918].
>
> There, the conclusion was that it's mostly up to the maintainer what
> to use and that it would be good practice to try to
> keep consistence.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Ah, forgot that one...thank you.

I have no strong opinion either way eventhough I mainly use MiniTest::Spec for my internal dev.

All I'm looking for is what format makes it easier for ruby-core committers to review and potentially accept patches. I will use that format for any submission.

Jon

---
blog: http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums

Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it
is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
                                                           - Oscar Wilde