2011/10/27 Jon <jon.forums / gmail.com>:

> When submitting patches to core, is it currently acceptable to submit MiniTest::Spec based tests or must all new tests be MiniTest::Unit::TestCase based?
>
> If I've missed the previous discussion and closure on this topic, a link is appreciated.

Although this doesn't cover your question about MiniTest::Spec, but
maybe still useful:

We had a discussion about Test::Unit::TestCase vs.
MiniTest::Unit::TestCase [http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4918].

There, the conclusion was that it's mostly up to the maintainer what
to use and that it would be good practice to try to
keep consistence.

Regards,
Martin