Hello,

2011/10/27 Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org>:
> Yes, there could be a language with that kind of design.  But Ruby
> will not have mandatory keyword arguments.  It is the design choice I
> made already.  Every keyword argument will be optional in Ruby.

I like the design.

I hate to write File.open(filename: "foo") .  Just redundant.
I don't want such a style to be popularized.

BTW, a current optional parameter will be deprecated?
I don't like the feature because it is not extensible.
Actually, I hate to see ERB.new(src, nil, "%") anymore!
It now just complicates the language.

Of course I don't think it will be removed in 2.0.
Let it be just deprecated now, and remove it in further future,
such as 3.0.  What do you think?

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>