I see no mention of a required (or preferred) test case format after reviewing:

  http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DeveloperHowto
  http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/CommitterHowto

There are MiniTest::Unit::TestCase based tests such as:

  https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/trunk/test/psych/test_emitter.rb

When submitting patches to core, is it currently acceptable to submit MiniTest::Spec based tests or must all new tests be MiniTest::Unit::TestCase based?

If I've missed the previous discussion and closure on this topic, a link is appreciated.

Jon

---
blog: http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums

Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it
is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
                                                           - Oscar Wilde