Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:40449] Re: [ruby-trunk - Feature #5474][Assigned] keyword argument"
    on Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:56:51 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <headius / headius.com> writes:

|It's a contrived example, of course, but I think having a neat
|parallel between positional args (required, optional, rest) and
|keyword args (required, optional, rest) would serve users well.

I disagree here.  Unlike other languages, keyword arguments will be
labels to optional arguments in Ruby.  This decision comes after the
deep consideration for long time.  I don't think I am going to change
my mind here.

|Honestly, I'm not one to argue for increased complexity in argument
|processing...the 1.9 support for array destructuring still gives me
|nightmares. But in this case, it seems like having keyword args mirror
|positional args is a good idea.

How contradicting humans are.

							matz.