Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:40418] Re: [ruby-trunk - Feature #5474][Assigned] keyword argument"
    on Thu, 27 Oct 2011 04:03:52 +0900, Joshua Ballanco <jballanc / gmail.com> writes:

|I think the point is that not every argument necessarily has a reasonable
|default. Imagine, for example, if we were to rewrite File.open to take
|keyword arguments:
|
|    class File
|      def self.open(filename:, mode: 'r')

Yes, there could be a language with that kind of design.  But Ruby
will not have mandatory keyword arguments.  It is the design choice I
made already.  Every keyword argument will be optional in Ruby.

							matz.