Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:40414] Re: [ruby-trunk - Feature #5474][Assigned] keyword argument"
    on Thu, 27 Oct 2011 02:51:51 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <headius / headius.com> writes:

|Evan and I would like to see support for non-default keyword args. So
|the following form would require that "size" be provided as a keyword
|arg, and otherwise raise an ArgumentError:
|
|def create_point(x, y, color: "white", size:)

I don't know the reason why you need this value-less keyword
argument.  If you want the default value, you just need to omit the
keyword altogether.

Besides that, what is the value corresponding to size: keyword above?
Even though keyword argument implementation can bypass the hash
allocation as optimization, we still have to keep hash semantics, I think.

							matz.