Issue #5341 has been updated by Martin Bosslet.

Eric Hodel wrote:

> I will update the patch to check for the timeout, I did not know it existed.

I could imagine that OpenSSL itself already checks for a timeout. I'm not sure,
and we have no related tests for test_ssl_session.rb. I'll look into that,
regardless of the outcome I would add specific timeout tests.

Feature #5341: Add SSL session reuse to Net::HTTP
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5341