See below.

--
Evan Phoenix // evan / phx.io

> > My worry about Yusuke's current proposal is that it requires a Hash be allocated on the caller side to use the feature, which makes the usage of keyword arguments much more heavyweight than normal arguments. This in turn means people will either shy away from them or use them and complain that they're too slow (which could make ruby look bad).
>
> I think the cost of constructing a Hash in Rubinius may be coloring
> your thoughts here...and I don't blame you;
It might be, but when you compare calling a method with normal arguments to creating a Hash, it doesn't matter what runtime your in, the difference is huge.

> https://gist.github.com/a07c93c80dfdea023253
>
> In any case, I don't think there's any reason Yusuke's version would
> *require* they be a hash unless the target method *needs* them to be a
> hash.
Ok, good. This is actually all that I ask. As it's being designed, take into account a way to implement it without having to allocate a full every time. If this consideration is given in the design phase, I'm sure we'll all make it work efficiently.

 - Evan