On Oct 25, 2011, at 5:56 AM, Magnus Holm wrote:
> That would require internet connection. I think you should be able to
> install a complete version of Ruby without an internet connection.

The current proposal does not envision installing gems from rubygems.org =
or any other non-local source when you run `make install`.

You won't need an internet connection to build and install ruby, just =
the tarball.  The source layout is exactly as it is now and gems are =
created at install time on your machine from the tarball through a =
script in tool/.

(At release time these gems are also uploaded to rubygems.org.)=