Hello Charlie,

I did notice reading through some of the papers on the current efforts to
JIT javascript (v8, spider monkey and squirrelfish) are quite similar to
Ruby in some ways but that it offers unique challenges. Are there some
descriptions out there of the JRuby effort and the internals?

My sense is that there are opportunities here for further improvement though
with MRI I would
ideally like to restructure the byte code IL format (though I am uncertain
if this is a good idea given the direction it looks like 2.0 may be going.

Regards,

Carter.