Issue #5422 has been updated by Thomas Sawyer.

> "The former doesn't sound appropriate, because "glob" does not imply brace expansion originally."

I'm only going by the functionality of `Dir.<b>glob</b>`. But, whatever name seems best.

> "Brace expansion is a string to array conversion operation, and not used only for file names in shell scripts."

Okay, I mistook your example's use of `*` and similarity of name to `File.expand_path` to think that it was. `File.expand_brace` is fine if you think it would be useful in and of itself. But the real need is for a Dir.glob compatible match method.

Feature #5422: File.fnmatch != Dir.glob # {no,sets}
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5422