What's your $LC_CTYPE? What OS are you on?

Konstantin

On Oct 21, 2011, at 09:43 , Perry Smith wrote:

> Ruby and I are back in counseling...  Its always the same thing with her.=
  "I'm throwing an Encoding exception!!!"
>=20
> Every time I install a gem like thin, I have to remember to go and edit t=
he script to add in the -KU.  I sprinkle -KU like 12 step programs sprinkle=
 mottos.
>=20
> It really has been an extremely frustrating and draining experience.  Rub=
y is no longer the love of my life.
>=20
> Rails, thin, rvm, almost nothing is really and truly ruby 1.9 compliant -=
- not really.  Not when you include all the encoding problems that are stil=
l very common in my life and I assume  in the life of anyone trying to use =
Ruby in any serious fashion.
>=20
> Is there a compile time option (or can one be added) that says "I don't c=
are!!! -- just cram the two strings together and eat your spinach!"  Becaus=
e, ultimately, I've yet to find anything except ruby that actually cares.