Hello there.

| I understand wanting to help out people migrating to Ruby, but they are
| going to encounter a number of things that are just plain different (at
| least I hope that's the case).
| In general, I find arguments by language comparison unpersuasive; saying
| that PHP allows for something is not terribly compelling.  PHP allows
| for all sorts of things I hope never to see in Ruby.

Yeah, I think that *comparison* between languages sucks, because it
leads you to nowhere but just a huge discussion.

But using a language to *give an example* to a thing proposed to the
other one (that could not be a such horrible thing just because it's on
the first language and not on the second) can be very helpful. ;-)

It's not the same as saying that Java have static typing and I want it
on Ruby. ;-)

| Allowing multiple param hashes is perhaps a reasonable option, provided
| that the default hash adheres to whatever RFC (or equivalent) applies.

Yeah, my point is, even if we can check where that parameters came from,
it's easy and helpful to provide access to them on a easy way. If I'm
presuming I'm dealing with a FORM, I can ask the POST parameters about
the values.

| For example, if I try to mix post and get (so to speak; browsers only do
| one or the other), and make a post request, and inspect the default
| params hash (as apposed to post_params or get_params), I would not
| expect to see any so-called query string data in there.

Exactly.

| Those who like the option of mixing the two would still have the choice,
| distasteful as that may be.

And in the case of the cgi.rb, gives compatility to what is already
written. Leave the "all parameters" there, but fills the other ones also.

| Probably something that belongs in a 'php.rb' module. )

PHP.rb? Are you being sarcastic? ;-)
Not such a change like that. Just put the POST and GET values on their
places. :-)

Best regards,

Eust?quio "TaQ" Rangel
eustaquiorangel / yahoo.com