http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5427

Author: Yura Sokolov
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Currently `loaded_features` are unsorted, so that `rb_feature_p` ought to iterate over all `loaded_features` to figure: is requested feature loaded?

After this patch `loaded_features` is kept sorted by basename without extension (/usr/lib/ruby/asdf.rb => asdf). When `rb_feature_p` start its check, it goes straight to the first item with matching basename (using binary search) and stops after last.

Methods `$LOADED_FEATURES.<<` and `$LOADED_FEATURES.push` are overriden to keep sort order. `push` accepts only 1 parameter, but it seems that no one pass more to it.

Currently I choose to consider characters of basename in right to left order, but it could be changed, I think.

https://gist.github.com/1272991
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/51

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org