> I have no objection to deletion, but I'm just curious.
> Why do you want to delete it aggressively?
>
> --
> Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>

I just want to get rid of complexity in the language.

Currently, flip-flops aren't well known for Rubyists, so I don't feel
comfortable of using them in code. I fear that it won't be readable.
And if you *don't* know them, it's easy to confuse them for literal
ranges, which makes it even more confusing. If it had a distinct
syntax, you would at least realize that you don't know about them, now
you would go "what? a Range literal is always true, no?".