Looks interesting.  I wonder how much Ruby 1.9 I have in my code at this =
point.

I'll check it out further. =20

Thanks!

On Oct 8, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Haase, Konstantin wrote:

> The Rubinius Agent can do that, even without slowing down the Ruby =
process.
>=20
> Konstantin
>=20
> On Oct 8, 2011, at 09:54 , Perry Smith wrote:
>=20
>> Would it be plausible to somehow, get the (ruby) stack of the running =
ruby process (or a particular thread), periodically?  For example, every =
10 seconds.
>>=20
>> One approach might be to have a separate thread with a timer that =
popped and it would get the current stack for a particular thread (not =
itself).
>>=20
>> The overall objective is to have a very light weight (low impact) =
technique for profiling a Rails app as it is running in production.  =
Over the course of a week, for example, gather enough statistics to =
understand where the app is spending the most time.