Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:39996] Re: problems with Refinements"
    on Fri, 7 Oct 2011 04:16:33 +0900, Steve Klabnik <steve / steveklabnik.com> writes:

|I don't claim to speak for Brian, and I've sent him a link to this
|thread, so that he can make his own statements about it, but my
|understanding of it is this: refinements provide very little benefit
|at the cost of increased complexity for both Ruby programmers and Ruby
|language developers.

As Bill Kelly stated in [ruby-core:39997], we consider refinements as
protection of existing code from monkey patching.  I am not sure why
you concluded refinements make libraries hard to understand.  From my
point of view, it is much safer and provide more intuitive behavior
than monkey patching.

For performance concern, I would totally agree with most of you.

							matz.