Hi,

2011/10/3 Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org>:
> And if-possible list is:
>
> =A0* refinement
> =A0* renaming methods and constant lookup resolution for #include
>
> The current reference implementation slows down method calls to 5-15%
> so that unless we could find how to implement it faster before the
> deadline (Fall 2012 maybe), I think we should give it up for 2.0.

I guess the reason of the performance decrease is that I have added
klass, which corresponds to last_class in Ruby 1.8, to
rb_control_frame_t.  I had to do it to implement super correctly.

Even without Refinements, Ruby 1.9 has some issues such as Bug #2402.
ko1 commented on Bug #3136.

  http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/3136#note-7

If he implemented the idea, we might be able to improve the
performance of Refinements.
I'm not sure, and would like to ask ko1's take.

BTW, is performance the only problem, Matz?
Don't we need local rebinding?

--=20
Shugo Maeda