Hi,

(11/10/05 2:14), Alex Young wrote:
> On 04/10/11 16:52, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
>> The "flexibility" (or ambiguity) seems the sign that it should not be
>> in core, to me.
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  Where's the ambiguity?

"Flexibility" can cause ambiguity, sometimes.  Seems it depends on
application contexts too much.

> You could make the same argument about any library.  If something is in
> ActiveSupport and not in any of the more specifically web-framework
> Rails libraries, it's also a sign that it's a feature that people find
> generally useful *outside* Rails.

Sounds like it's web-framework specific.

> With respect, I don't find arguments on where a feature has come from to
> be be particularly relevant.

Of course, not.  In fact, I'm one of who proposed to introduce
Symbol#to_proc strongly.  I just said that everything in ActiveSupport
won't be suitable for the core always.

--
Nobu Nakada