Issue #5112 has been updated by Jeremy Evans.

It's been over two months and I haven't had any feedback on this.  Is there a reason this patch didn't get applied when the other similar patches did (in r32621, r32645, and r32686)?
Feature #5112: Remove inadvertent symbol creation from send, __send__, and public_send
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5112

Author: Jeremy Evans
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version:

When I was first working on the inadvertent symbol creation removal code, I didn't think it was possible to handle send because method_missing requires a symbol as the first argument.  But once I figured out how to handle the similar situation in respond_to? for respond_to_missing? (and used the same technique with const_get for const_missing), the same idea works for the send methods.  Basically, if method_missing has been overridden, you must create the symbol, but if not, you can just raise a NoMethodError without creating the symbol.

I didn't add a test for it since I saw the tests for const_get and respond_to? were commented out in r32710 and r32711.

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org