On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Jim Freeze <jimfreeze / gmail.com> wrote:
> How does String#margin behave when given irregular input?
> For example
> string = <<-END.margin
> <tab>|doc
> <3spaces>|doc
> <1space>|doc
> doc
>   doc
> END

It takes the first non-whitespace character to be the indent marker,
so in the case it's controlling the margin using '<', and you get:

  tab>|doc
  3spaces>|doc
  1space>|doc
  doc
      doc

--
Sorry, says the barman, we don't serve neutrinos. A neutrino walks into a bar.

Trans <transfire / gmail.com>
7r4n5.com   http://7r4n5.com