On Oct 3, 2011, at 8:07 AM, Yusuke Endoh wrote:

>> |Great.  I think that the specifications of these are almost
>> |concluded, right?
>>
>> Yes, but I have to think about them more thoroughly.  To do so, I have
>> implement them experimentally.
>
> Once the specification is (almost) fixed, anyone can implement
> a prototype.  Teamwork :-)

Can we expect at least one iteration here to avoid the problem of specifications that get standardized prior to experience with implementation?

1) rough spec
2) rough implementation (two or more instances)
3) revised spec based on lessons learned in 2)
4) revised implementation

My fear would be that too much time is spent on 1) such that 2) becomes the released code despite any problems discovered during implementation rather than 4) or later iterations.