Hi,

While porting memprof (https://github.com/ice799/memprof) to 1.9, the
only change I had do in Ruby itself was to - add hooks for object
creation and deletion. Of course, the code still depends heavily on -
internal details of how objects are stored in MRI, but I think that is
a price - a Profiler writer has to pay anyways.

I like the proposal of DTrace as well, but that again means - it will
not work on GNU/Linux and other systems where DTrace is not available.

Ruby should make it easier to write profilers, what does ruby-core think?

own coals.

http://gnufied.org
http://twitter.com/gnufied