Hello,

2011/10/3 Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org>:
> |> =A0* Module#prepend
> |> =A0* keyword arguments (decomposition of hash argument in callee)
> |
> |Great. =A0I think that the specifications of these are almost
> |concluded, right?
>
> Yes, but I have to think about them more thoroughly. =A0To do so, I have
> implement them experimentally.

Once the specification is (almost) fixed, anyone can implement
a prototype.  Teamwork :-)

> |> The implementation issues are not covered here. =A0We'd love to add
> |> thing such as new GC, better Windows performance, better VM
> |> performance, etc. =A0But I think we'd better focus the language design
> |> first.
> |
> |To decide an idea of 2.0 release schedule, we should consider
> |the implementation issues too. =A0There is any candidate of
> |"must-have" among them?
> |This is a "provisional" decision. =A0Don't hesitate to state
> |just candidates.
>
> For me, all implementation issues are "if-possible". =A0For other guys,
> e.g. Koichi might have different opinion.

Thank you.  I agree that they are all "if-possible."

Under those constraints, it seems not so hard to release 2.0.
As Koichi said, how about drawing the outline of the release
schedule?  It would be helpful to encourage the discussion.
The following is a rough draft:

  Apr. 2012: feature request deadline
  Sep. 2012: feature implementation deadline
  Feb. 2013: release

--=20
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>