On 2011/10/02 17:30, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> In message "Re: [ruby-core:39822] Re: 2.0 feature questionnaire"
>      on Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:45:29 +0900, Jeremy Kemper<jeremy / bitsweat.net>  writes:

> |2. Refinements. @shugo's proposal.
>
> Current reference implementation slows down everything from 5-15%,
> that is not acceptable.  Unless we come up with good implementation,
> we have to wait until further future.

Is this the proposal that replaced class-boxes? It may have changed a
lot over the years, but last time I head this explained by Shugo (that
was a bit over a year ago as far as I remember), it didn't go far enough
in my eyes.

My benchmark use case is: Does it work so that e.g. all divisions in
Matrix are done with floats even if I don't call a Matrix method
directly, but just call a method on a class that uses Matrix internally.

Regards,    Martin.